[GSOC] System V IPC in userspace week8 report

Grigore Larisa larisagrigore at gmail.com
Mon Aug 12 09:03:15 PDT 2013

Hi all,

Last week I have tested all features implemented until this moment. Those
include shm* and sem* tests, credentials passing and validation. I have
also tested the behavior of *fork* and *exec* system calls when using sysv
resources in different stages of the execution (before any sysv call, after
*get, after shmat, etc).

All bugs discovered were solved (credentials not received correctly by the
daemon, client disconnection bug when not using semaphores). I have solved
old TODOs and done code refactoring.

I have also ported some of msg* structures and functions (msgget and part
of msgctl).
This week I will finish the sysv message queues porting and add some more
tests.

Thanks,
Larisa