snd_hda

Goetz Isenmann info at goetz-isenmann.de
Fri Oct 12 12:17:07 PDT 2012

Hi!

On Wed, Oct 10, 2012 at 07:52:05AM -0500, Chris Turner wrote:
> On 10/10/12 01:13, kyuupichan wrote:
> >I did a buildworld and buildkernel a couple of days ago:
> >
> >DragonFly v3.3.0-DEVELOPMENT #0: Tue Oct  9 18:28:07 JST 2012
> >     root at athlon2.akihabara.co.uk:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/X86_64_GENERIC
> >
> >The main thing I've noticed so far is that sound now has a lot of static / fuzz when playing music with audacious; the prior kernel

Have the same problem on 3.2-RELEASE X86_64_GENERIC

> Looks like 2x pcm's are connecting:
>
> pcm0: <HDA Codec: Unknown Codec>
> pcm0: <HDA Driver Revision: 20071129_0050>
> pcm1: <HDA Codec: Realtek ALC885>
> pcm1: <HDA Driver Revision: 20071129_0050>

Looks similar (pcm0 SB600 and pcm1 NVidia) on my system now, after my
old mainboard (with onboard video) died, and I replaced it with a
mainboard plus a graphics card.

> Was this happening on old kernel? The problem still shouldn't happen but might help explain
> difference e.g. if new hw is now supported but wasn't before & driver is getting confused
> Also if not desired, you might try switching these off where possible to see if that helps

My kernel.old is not much older, but there is also a 2.10.1.40 kernel,
that starts with my 3.2 world without errors, also has pcm0 and pcm1
when I kldload snd_hda, and plays sound nicely (with mplayer in my case).

--
Goetz