ALSA drivers

Chris Turner c.turner at 199technologies.com
Wed Oct 10 18:58:04 PDT 2012

Hello

On 10/10/12 13:00, Andrey N. Oktyabrski wrote:

> Theoretical question: is it possible to use ALSA sound drivers with DragonFly kernel?

no.

> I have tried to use Audigy. In 3.0 it produces extremely loud BEEP only. 3.1 hangs when I
 > insert this card or load snd_emu10k1.

Not sure who is running emu10k.. seems like most people are running 'basic' snd_hda or
ac97 stuffs like snd_ich, etc and not the 'prosumer' and professional kinds of interfaces.
It looks like the emu10k driver has an 'EMUDEBUG' ifdef - you might try building with this
in your config to see if anything obvious shows up in dmesg prior to hang.

There perhaps is some bitrot. Any successful emu10k users please chime in!

> After that I must reboot because snd_uaudio does not produce any sound.

A usb4bsd port from FreeBSD is underway.. this may change things. hopefully for the better.
A similar uaudiodebug sysctl += USB_DEBUG flag is available fro the uaudio driver
which might help find some issues.

Cheers,

- Chris