snd_hda

Goetz Isenmann info at goetz-isenmann.de
Tue Oct 16 10:01:42 PDT 2012

Just a quick reply, since I have only some minutes...

On Mon, Oct 15, 2012 at 06:47:35PM +0200, Sascha Wildner wrote:
> 1) A /var/run/dmesg.boot from a verbose boot with snd_hda in loader.conf.
> 2) The relevant part of /var/log/messages upon kldload snd_hda from
> a verbosely booted system without snd_hda in loader.conf.

Not sure, if I could have noticed this without a verbose boot. But now
it obvious whats going on: When I use loader.conf to load snd_hda,
pcm0 and pcm1 are detected in reverse order.

So when I start mplayer with the option -ao oss:/dev/dsp1 everything
is fine.

--
Goetz