ALSA drivers

Andrey N. Oktyabrski ano at bestmx.ru
Wed Oct 10 22:00:07 PDT 2012

On 10/11/2012 05:58 AM, Chris Turner wrote:
>> I have tried to use Audigy. In 3.0 it produces extremely loud BEEP
>> only. 3.1 hangs when I insert this card or load snd_emu10k1.
>
> Not sure who is running emu10k.. seems like most people are running
> 'basic' snd_hda or ac97 stuffs like snd_ich, etc and not the
> 'prosumer' and professional kinds of interfaces.
Sadly, I need something better than 'basic' and do not like Linux...

> It looks like the emu10k driver has an 'EMUDEBUG' ifdef - you might
> try building with this in your config to see if anything obvious
> shows up in dmesg prior to hang.
I have seen into the emu10k1.c, and do not understand anything. What
documentation I can read about DragonFly and audio drivers?

> There perhaps is some bitrot. Any successful emu10k users please chime in!
Excuse me, what is "bitrot"?
I think, happy emu10k users uses something other than pcmcia Audigy
card. This card does not work under FreeBSD and OpenIndiana too.

>> After that I must reboot because snd_uaudio does not produce any sound.
>
> A usb4bsd port from FreeBSD is underway.. this may change things.
> hopefully for the better.
> A similar uaudiodebug sysctl += USB_DEBUG flag is available fro the
> uaudio driver
> which might help find some issues.
Thank you, I will try to debug these drivers...