Risk-value assessment of applying for SoC

Flava hasselhaugh at gmail.com
Wed Mar 28 17:41:08 PDT 2012

--f46d0444ef55060fa704bc56fc4a

Hi mailing list,
Because I'm busy this time of year and I don't want to waste anyone else's
time either, I want to list my credentials and humbly ask if I should even
bother applying. I'm concerned about this question because my only formal
training in OS internals is an OS class I'm taking right now over MINIX. So
far this semester, we've written a command-interpreter, trap handler, and a
file system. That's the only experience I have in this area. However, I'm a
quick learner with very good abstract thinking skills, a solid grasp on C,
and a strong desire to learn OS internals. I've also been a Linux user for
about 4 years. This is definitely my first choice for Summer of Code but if
the hammer's going to be dropped on me I would like it to happen as soon as
possible. Thank you guys for your time!

--f46d0444ef55060fa704bc56fc4a

't want to waste anyone else's time either, I want to list my crede=
ntials and humbly ask if I should even bother applying. I'm concerned a=
bout this question because my only formal training in OS internals is an OS=
 class I'm taking right now over MINIX. So far this semester, we've=
 written a command-interpreter, trap handler, and a file system. That's=
 the only experience I have in this area. However, I'm a quick learner =
with very good abstract thinking skills, a solid grasp on C, and a strong d=
esire to learn OS internals. I've also been a Linux user for about 4 ye=
ars. This is definitely my first choice for Summer of Code but if the hamme=
r's going to be dropped on me I would like it to happen as soon as poss=
ible. Thank you guys for your time!<br>

--f46d0444ef55060fa704bc56fc4a--