[GSoC] inotify and fs indexing service status

Vishesh Yadav vishesh3y at gmail.com
Sun Jun 3 09:44:13 PDT 2012

--bcaec51b9d0ba31cd604c1942012

Hello,

This week I finished watch management functions. Now watches can be added,
removed from into the inotify_instance. Hence inotify_add_watch,
inotify_rm_watch are now almost complete. Just have to check error codes
that are being returned. I also implemented fo_close for inotify fileops
which cleans up the instance well now.

Regards,
Vishesh

On Sat, May 26, 2012 at 7:07 PM, Vishesh Yadav <vishesh3y at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello everyone,
>
> Current status for first week -
>
> - Repository and wiki setup at Github[1]
> - Made the basic skeleton for inotify interface - system calls, helper
> functions, structures, headers and few basic stuff in there.
> - Currently working on management of watches (will be using separate
> file tables for watches). Once this is done, can write some working code.
>
> In community bonding period, I setup my working environment, browse and
> understood relevant kernel codebase and studied Linux early and recent
> inotify implementation.
>
> Now that exams are almost over, I hope I can catch up some pace now.
>
> Regards,
> Vishesh
>
> [1] https://github.com/vishesh/DragonFlyBSD/

--bcaec51b9d0ba31cd604c1942012

Hello,<br><br>This week I finished watch management functions. Now watches =
can be added, removed from into the inotify_instance. Hence inotify_add_wat=
ch, inotify_rm_watch are now almost complete. Just have to check error code=
s that are being returned. I also implemented fo_close for inotify fileops =
which cleans up the instance well now.<br>
012 at 7:07 PM, Vishesh Yadav <span dir=3D"ltr"><<a href=3D"mailto:vishe=