3.0 release this weekend

Justin Sherrill justin at shiningsilence.com
Fri Feb 17 16:52:36 PST 2012

On Fri, Feb 17, 2012 at 5:40 PM, John Marino <dragonflybsd at marino.st> wrote:

> 1) The "small number" is likely around 10% of the buildable packages, so
> we're talking roughly about a 1000 packages

Even with those not included in the build, that's still a higher
success rate than I think we've had with some previous quarterly
releases, which is why I'm not that worried about it as a temporary
condition.  (Thanks to all the work you've done fixing packages for
DragonFly)

> Is the bulkbuild problem with ruby fixed?

Yes, or at least it was in my tests building a limited number of
packages.  The 'pbulk' user needed to be added to the wheel group.
Why that's the case now and not in any of the previous quarterly
builds that had the same setup since destdir support was added, I
don't know.