[GSoC] inotify and fs indexing service status

Vishesh Yadav vishesh3y at gmail.com
Sun Aug 12 09:00:01 PDT 2012

--f46d0401678b71749d04c713ab61

Hello,

Not much code this week. Mainly improved few parts (copyout, read and watch
delete parts) and fixed couple of issues related to events. I'm currently
trying to compile and test gamin and working on man pages and documentation.

Vishesh

On Mon, Aug 6, 2012 at 12:05 AM, Vishesh Yadav <vishesh3y at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> inotify now supports all the flags and works. There is an issue with
> ordering of IN_MOVED_TO and IN_MOVED_FROM events which isn't similar to
> Linux behaviour. I will be spending this week testing and improving
> existing work.
>
> Vishesh
>
> On 07/30/2012 09:01 PM, Vishesh Yadav wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > This week I worked on idr library and it now seems ready to work and is
> > Linux compatible (except idr_pre_get() which takes one less argument than
> > and the return codes.).
> >
> > Vishesh
> >
> > On Mon, Jul 23, 2012 at 2:50 PM, Vishesh Yadav <vishesh3y at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> >
> >> Hello,
> >>
> >> This week I worked on finding and fixing few pending issues, and worked
> >> on IN_MOVED_TO/IN_MOVED_FROM flags. I'm currertly working on binding
> >> these two together using cookie parament in inotify_event which I'm
> >> hoping should be completed by today or tomorrow.
> >>
> >> Vishesh

> >> problems
> >> trying to

> man

> >> code of
> >> library
> >> out. Will
> tested
> are
> >> which I'm
> >> cookie

> >> Hammer

> >> working.

> >> exposed
> >> the

> >> NOTE_CLOSE
> >> watch

> >> be
> error

> >> vishesh3y at gmail.com>

> >> separate
> >> working

> >> browse

> >> now.

> >> --
> >>         -Vishesh

--f46d0401678b71749d04c713ab61

Hello,<br><br>Not much code this week. Mainly improved few parts (copyout, =
read and watch delete parts) and fixed couple of issues related to events. =
I'm currently trying to compile and test gamin and working on man pages=
 and documentation.<br>
AM, Vishesh Yadav <span dir=3D"ltr"><<a href=3D"mailto:vishesh3y at gmail.c=
ote class=3D"gmail_quote" style=3D"margin:0 0 0 .8ex;border-left:1px #ccc s=
olid;padding-left:1ex">
Hello,<br>
inotify now supports all the flags and works. There is an issue with<br>
ordering of IN_MOVED_TO and IN_MOVED_FROM events which isn't similar to=
Linux behaviour. I will be spending this week testing and improving<br>
existing work.<br>
Vishesh<br>
On 07/30/2012 09:01 PM, Vishesh Yadav wrote:<br>
ishesh3y at gmail.com">vishesh3y at gmail.com</a>> wrote:<br>
>> Hello,<br>
>> This week I worked on finding and fixing few pending issues, and w=
orked<br>
>> on IN_MOVED_TO/IN_MOVED_FROM flags. I'm currertly working on b=
inding<br>
>> these two together using cookie parament in inotify_event which I&=
#39;m<br>
>> hoping should be completed by today or tomorrow.<br>
>> Vishesh<br>
>> On Mon, Jul 16, 2012 at 08:32:00AM +0530, Vishesh Yadav wrote:<br>
>>> Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2012 08:32:00 +0530<br>
>>> From: Vishesh Yadav <<a href=3D"mailto:vishesh3y at gmail.com"=
>vishesh3y at gmail.com</a>><br>
>>> To: <a href=3D"mailto:kernel at crater.dragonflybsd.org">kernel at c=
rater.dragonflybsd.org</a><br>
>>> Subject: Re: [GSoC] inotify and fs indexing service status<br>
>>> Hello,<br>
>>> This week I completed work on IN_CREATE and did some testing o=
n inotify<br>
>>> and found few bugs. IN_CREATE created some new bugs too on whi=
ch I'm<br>
>>> currently working on.<br>
>>> Vishesh<br>
>>> On 07/08/2012 09:41 PM, Vishesh Yadav wrote:<br>
>> problems<br>
>> trying to<br>
=3D"mailto:vishesh3y at gmail.com">vishesh3y at gmail.com</a>><br>
>> wrote:<br>