Who's looking after net80211 in dfbsd these days?

John Marino dragonflybsd at marino.st
Sun Nov 27 06:38:49 PST 2011

On 11/27/2011 12:18 PM, Adrian Chadd wrote:
Hm, ok. Besides the wifi serialisation stuff that is in dfbsd, I
wonder what else is different.
I'd just like to see if there's interest in syncing up against
freebsd's net80211 and ath driver, as I've been working hard on
getting 11n into shape. (And it's usable now in the iwn and ath
drivers.)
Hi Adrian,
For sure there is interest.  Frequently DragonFly syncs against FreeBSD
(another other BSDs) as the similar components slowly become dated.
Sephe is just saying there's no one dedicated person that does this.
Normally it's either an itch to scratch or somebody notices that the
component is just really old and its time for an update.  I would think
that would occur often enough with wi-fi components.

I, for one, appreciate the information that FreeBSD's work is
progressing and we should considering doing a sync up.

Regards,
John