git: Kernel ELF: Restore legacy FreeBSD brand

Sascha Wildner saw at online.de
Sun May 22 11:47:56 PDT 2011

On Sun, 22 May 2011 17:52:56 +0200, Thomas Nikolajsen
<thomas.nikolajsen at mail.dk> wrote:

Re. /usr/libexec/ld-elf.so.1, it is installed on my system,
seems like they are changed on installworld (mtime changed);
anyway they aren't removed on upgrade ('make upgrade'),
so all hosts which has been source upgraded for a few years will have
file.
Why don't we build ld-elf.so.1 anymore? Can't we bring it back?
/usr/libexec/ld-elf.so.1 is installed by default, it is installed from
lib/compat/i386.

I'm not sure we will have any benefit building it in build(7).

 -thomas
No, it's okay. I just missed it was still being installed.

Sascha

--
http://yoyodyne.ath.cx