Qestions about dsched and fq policy

Justin C. Sherrill justin at shiningsilence.com
Sun Mar 20 12:05:30 PDT 2011

On Sun, March 20, 2011 1:57 am, Brills Peng wrote:

> And the final question:
> Justin mentioned an application form on GSoC site, but according to
> Google's
> plan, students' handing in their applications starts at March 29. Should I
> send an application to the community in advance and then another to Google
> after March 29?

I'm not sure how it appears to students now, but as part of the
application process for an organization, we have to provide an outline for
student applications.  Maybe it doesn't show until the actual student
application timeframe opens up?  Just worry about the Google application
when it's possible to do it.

If you want to get an early start, here's the DragonFly portion,
cut-n-pasted below.  This will be included with the Google student
application process, so you don't have to submit this separately
beforehand or anything:

Name:
Email:
Phone number (include country and area
code):
Project title:

Description of project goals, including
details of how the delivered code will
operate:

Project timeline broken down by week,
with details on when each feature
described in the project goals will be
available.

Week 1:
Week 2:
Week 3:
Week 4:
Week 5:
Week 6:
Week 7:
Week 8:
Week 9:
Week 10:

What additional resources as hardware or
software will be needed for this project?

Please include or provide links to prior
code related to this area of work.

We also have a set of standards for the
students to follow located on the website:

http://www.dragonflybsd.org/docs/developer/gsoc2011student/