git-hook MFC reminder - also note about gittemplate

Alex Hornung ahornung at gmail.com
Mon Jun 27 10:32:12 PDT 2011

Hi all,

I've recently commited[1][2] a git hook that will scan for a range of
keywords in the commit message and print out a reminder to MFC the
commit, if applicable.

If you are anything like me and tend to forget about MFC'ing, I would
suggest you enable the hook by doing:
cp /usr/src/tools/commit-msg /usr/src/.git/hooks/commit-msg

Once you've done that, you'll be automatically reminded of MFCing
whenever a commit of yours contains certain keywords.

I'd also like to use this opportunity to remind committers of the (quite
helpful) git commit template we have. It is located in tools/gittemplate
and there are instructions on how to use it in committer(7).

Cheers,
Alex Hornung

[1]:
http://gitweb.dragonflybsd.org/dragonfly.git/commitdiff/dae31c504c8cc76034bbfd7a20aaef9c27b1e243