DragonFly BSD Goals/Direction

Samuel J. Greear sjg at evilcode.net
Fri Dec 2 13:55:08 PST 2011

On Fri, Dec 2, 2011 at 5:19 AM, Francois Tigeot <ftigeot at wolfpond.org> wrote:
> On Fri, Dec 02, 2011 at 12:07:41PM +0100, Thomas Nikolajsen wrote:
>> > I intend to bring the goals page on the DragonFly website up to date
>> Nice, the goals page was quite outdated on many points.
>>
>> I see you already did scratch the existing goals page;
>> it did contain much good info not found elsewhere (yet),
>> like on LWKT, IPI messaging & CPU synchronization and tokens.
>>
>> As this is already implemented, the description of these items
>> could move to other pages; it could be nice if somebody
>> did write more man pages describing these areas;
>> pages / articles could also be very nice.
>
> The old goals items could be recycled as a bullet point list in a history
> page, with their actual implementation date.
>
> Like this perhaps:
>
> - item : blah, implemented on release xx (year/month)
>  [link to more complete description]
>
> --
> Francois Tigeot

There is a history page that follows a timeline,
http://www.dragonflybsd.org/history/

I rewrote this just over 1 year ago, it is fairly general/terse but
does accurately reflect project history to date (at least from my
perspective, I scanned the entire digest and large swaths of the
mailing list archive prior to the rewrite), please feel free to add
whatever details/dates/features you find relevant to this page.

Sam