DragonFly BSD Goals/Direction

Thomas Nikolajsen thomas.nikolajsen at mail.dk
Fri Dec 2 03:10:48 PST 2011

> I intend to bring the goals page on the DragonFly website up to date
Nice, the goals page was quite outdated on many points.
I don't have any new goals to add.

Is the page only going to be goals which aren't achieved yet?

It could be nice to have status on the individual goals,
like if they are already implemented, and links to relevant man pages and the like.

I see you already did scratch the existing goals page;
it did contain much good info not found elsewhere (yet),
like on LWKT, IPI messaging & CPU synchronization and tokens.

As this is already implemented, the description of these items
could move to other pages; it could be nice if somebody
did write more man pages describing these areas;
pages / articles could also be very nice.
Much of this is still only documented by code / mail-list reading.

 -thomas