troubleshooting dragonfly after compiling kernel

Pratyush Kshirsagar pratyush.kshirsagar at gmail.com
Wed Sep 1 14:22:46 PDT 2010

Pratyush Kshirsagar <pratyush.kshirsagar <at> gmail.com> writes:

> Hi Everyone,
> I made some changes to the kernel, used the buildkernel and installkernel
command, all went good but after booting the customized kernel it just freezes.
> Although, I havent made changes to the configuration files it checks while
> I am running the system in VMWare, so I thought it will take a long time but
still cant figure it out.

> Pratyush Kshirsagar.

I just added few fields int the structure vm_object, added some code to vm_page.c
Added couple of functions to the vm_map.h and vm_map.c
Just to display proportional rss with the rss.
Also, added a field in struct kern_info and make changes to m_dragonfly.c
I checked any error in the code with lint and gcc on all the files i made
changes to.
But, as they are dependent on each other needed to compile for consistency.

Thanks,
Pratyush Kshirsagar.