Release engeneering improvements

Venkatesh Srinivas me at endeavour.zapto.org
Wed Oct 27 20:49:57 PDT 2010

On Wed, Oct 27, 2010 at 6:17 PM, Aggelos Economopoulos <aoiko at cc.ece.ntua.gr> wrote:

On 10/27/2010 09:32 AM, Sascha Wildner wrote:
> commit 1f8c7ab21b93617f611c5a4c5db45cb68a5e2d54
> Author: Sascha Wildner <saw at online. de>
> Date:   Wed Oct 27 09:07:13 2010 +0200
>
>     nrelease: Fix an annoying bug that was preventing the ISOs from booting UP.

Does anybody else feel we should create a release manager role? It would
take some of the burden off Matt and Sascha is very methodical about
testing releases. I'm not suggesting anything too formal, just "you need
to consult with the RM for nontrivial changes to the release branch".
Matt would still decide when to create the branch of course.

Maybe we should give that a try for the next release?I think this would be a really good idea -- there is a lot of work for 2.10 that I'd call continuations of work in the 2.8 cycle, it'd be really nice to have someone to be watching the clock and to sync with about major changes.

If people think its a good idea, we could possibly start by defining the role better?-- vs