resident stack size

Jan Lentfer Jan.Lentfer at web.de
Sun May 2 21:48:46 PDT 2010

Jan Lentfer schrieb:
Pratyush Kshirsagar schrieb:
I went through the code for top in /contrib/top/ but their was no
specific information about the functions being called for getting the
resident stack size.
Or any construct which gives the resident stack size.
Theirs the function get_process_info and get_system_info (definition
resides in one of the file) but they give the cpu and memory usage
statistics/ time values.
If you know how does it gets the resident stack size, please tell me.
Till then I will go through it again.

If irc it is in m_dragonfly.c (usr/bin/top):
hmmppf... copy and paste from a html page looks stupid even in plain
text ;-). Here we go again:

line 87
#define VP(pp, field) ((pp)->kp_vm_ ## field)
line 630
format_k(pagetok(VP(pp, rssize))),
and you should look in sys/sys/kinfo.h

Jan