Updating PF to OpenBSD Release 4,1

Jan Lentfer Jan.Lentfer at web.de
Thu May 13 09:14:11 PDT 2010

I am trying (and I mean >trying<) to update our version of PF to the PF
in OpenBSD 4.1. I have hit one obstacle (many more to come I am sure) I
don't know how to solve:

In sys/net/pf/if_pflog.c in function pflog_packet() we used to have
BPF_MTAP(ifn, &m1);
in OpenBSD 3.5 (which our version is based on) this was:
bpf_mtap(ifn->if_bpf, &m1);
In OpenBSD 4.1 this changed to:
bpf_mtap_hdr(ifn->if_bpf, (char *)&hdr, PFLOG_HDRLEN, m,
            BPF_DIRECTION_OUT);
We don't have bpf_mtap_hdr. So I looked what FreeBSD did:
BPF_MTAP2(ifn, &hdr, PFLOG_HDRLEN, m);
Unfortunatley we don't have the BPF_MTAP2 Macro either. So I am stuck
here and don't know how to proceed.

If you want to see the whole thing (pflog_packet() is at the very end):
http://www.openbsd.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb/src/sys/net/if_pflog.c?rev=1.22;content-type=text%2Fplain
and for what DF has at the moment (starting at line 194):
http://gitweb.dragonflybsd.org/dragonfly.git/blob/c0d61ca4717c81fed4bf383f79f3287de9f4100d:/sys/net/pf/if_pflog.c
Thanks for support!

Jan