bugtracker switch

Aggelos Economopoulos aoiko at cc.ece.ntua.gr
Sun Mar 28 06:16:13 PDT 2010

Alex Hornung wrote:
> : > roundup to redmine, keeping even the same usernames, passwords, ...
> : > The demo containing our migrated roundup database as of yesterday can
> : be
> : > accessed at:
> : >
> : > http://atun-pistolero.ath.cx:3000/
>
> Note that the demo will be down for the next few hours. In any case, many
> people seem to have taken a look yet nobody cared to comment...

Well, I'm under the impression our bug tracker problems are not so much
because of roundup's technical limitations but rather because we don't
take much care to close bugs we fix and to do proper triaging so that we
can focus on bugs that we know are still reproducible.

A bug policy that included:

a) the developer that commits the fix is responsible for closing the bug
b) bugs get automatically closed if the originator fails to respond
and/or verify that the bug is still there after, say, 6 months

*might* help in that regard.

Anyway, I took a look at the code for some of redmine's plugins and I
like it a lot. If the migration is as painless as you say, I'm all for
moving to it.

Aggelos