Port DragonFly to Xen platform

Matthew Dillon dillon at apollo.backplane.com
Wed Mar 24 08:31:25 PDT 2010

:Sylvestre Gallon wrote:
:> I have fun with an hobbyist os that I have created - named pigeon
:> mouette BSD (www.pmbsd.org) - and have already taken a look at the Xen
:> interfaces and at how it works (hypercalls, etc ...). My plan would be
:> to port my existing work on Xen soon (but I will do it later if you
:> accept me porting dragonfly on XEN :) )
:
:Another thing of note - which doesn't seem to be on the project page..
:and probably should - and probably wouldn't be so difficult, but still
:virtualization related:
:
:Unless I am mistaken the VKERNEL needs to be ported to support 64 bits.
:VKERNEL is used quite a bit for development so this would be a big help
:to everyone working on the 64 bit port I'm sure.

    Jordan finished the vkernel64 port and Sascha merged it into the
    tree.  It will be pushed out today after I run a few more tests.
    The vkernel64 will only run under a 64-bit DragonFly kernel,
    of course.

					<dillon at backplane.com>