[DragonFly devel] GSoc 2010: VFS Quota System

Nitish Sharma sharmanitishdutt at gmail.com
Wed Mar 24 13:52:05 PDT 2010

Hi all ,I am a Computer Science student and highly interested in making contribution to DragonFly BSD project throught GSoc 2010. I have a good experience in C, by the work I've done in GNU/Linux kernel development, and right now I am working with a group on Android kernel development. I also have, relatively less as compared to C, experience in C++, Java and python.
After browsing through the ideas, two of them interested me the most:
1. VFS quota system.2. Port FUSE to DragonFlyBSD.
I have reasonable knowledge of filesystems and OS internals.Please guide and suggest me that what would be a good plan of action to go forward with the projects and which one would be most suitable considering the current demands of DragonflyBSD. Also, should I personally contact the mentors given in Meta information of the idea or mailing list would do ?
Regards
Nitish