2.6 release scheduled for mid-March

Matthew Dillon dillon at apollo.backplane.com
Wed Feb 17 11:18:36 PST 2010

    The DragonFly 2.6 release is scheduled for mid-March, so developers
    need to start thinking about stability & conformance with pkgsrc
    builds and such.

    With so many cool features in the tree this cycle this is going
    to be a huge release for us, so lets make it a good one.

    --

    I will be working on select() (which might have an issue),
    tmpfs & swapcache testing, and finishing up the HAMMER REDO FIFO

    On the swapcache front, I finished up the last major bit of work
    which is an attempt to make file data caching more useful by
    introducing chflags flags to better control what data gets cached
    and what does not.  The chflags and swapcache manual pages in HEAD
    describe the changes.  This doesn't effect meta-data caching which
    works extremely well.

    The last week or two of testing swapcache on live boxes has proceeded
    very well.  No corruption has occurred testing with either HAMMER or
    UFS.  Most dragonflybsd.org machines (all except Avalon and pkgbox64)
    now have 40G SSDs with swapcache enabled.

					<dillon at backplane.com>