DoxyGen Style Kernel API reference.

Sascha Wildner saw at online.de
Fri Sep 4 12:50:03 PDT 2009

Brian Gianforcaro schrieb:
Depending on how nice you want the documentation to be, and how good
the existing documentation is.
I'd be more than willing to put all my effort into modifying the
existing comments to be doxygen compliant, if this what is finally
decided.
I wonder, how would the existing man9 manpages fit into the picture?

Maintaining man9 and doxygen in parallel? I think there is even less
chance that developers will care about both man9 & doxygen than taking
care of man9 alone.

Fold the info from the manpages into the code as comments and discard
man9 entirely? That sounds like either a lot of comments would have to
be added or (in case you should decide to take only selected portions of
man9 into the comments) a lot of documentation would have to be discarded.

Note that I'm just trying to realistically picture what would happen if
we decide to use doxygen for kernel documentation.

Sascha

--
http://yoyodyne.ath.cx