Buring iso with growisofs produces error.

Matthew Dillon dillon at apollo.backplane.com
Mon Mar 16 16:56:35 PDT 2009

:On Tue, 17 Mar 2009 00:13:45 you wrote:
:> OK. Now I understand. The problem is that you have to say /dev/cd0 to
:> growisofs, not /dev/cd0c. I have almost finished patch for k3b in my
:> disk, I'll try to push it into pkgsrc before 2009Q1 final. But AFAIR
:> there are still problems with k3b and burning DVD disks - that's why I
:> haven't finished my work yet.
:
:Ok that explains a bit. However, Im still wondering why on earth do we have to
:specify cd0 and not cd0c? What exactly is the difference? i always look
:at "c" partition means whole disk, just like cd0. Or is cd0 raw, and cd0c
:filesystem? It think it would have been easier if /dev was kept compatible
:with FreeBSD in this case, or not?
:
:Petr

    'c' presumes a disklabel is present.  The only reason it works (or worked)
    at all was because the kernel faked a disklabel for the CD.

    DragonFly is more of a stickler for using the correct device path.
    'c' will probably still work for mounting purposes, as will 'a', but
    probably only if the CD already has an ISO filesystem on it.

    Raw accesses for burning operations need to specify the raw device,
    which would be /dev/cd0, /dev/acd0, or whatever.

					<dillon at backplane.com>