llvm/clang once more

Matthew Dillon dillon at apollo.backplane.com
Sat Mar 28 10:50:06 PDT 2009

:Hi,
:
:I've managed to get our GENERIC kernel to compile with llvm/clang. There
:is still one temporary fix (at least until clang guys fix the related
:bug), but the kernel definitely compiles, boots and works stable.
:As a stress test I've done a buildworld, which it survived without
:problems.
:I've put everything about DragonFly and llvm/clang so far together on
:one page, http://leaf.dragonflybsd.org/~alexh/clang/clang.html in case
:you are interested in details or even want to try it yourself.
:Sincerely,
:Alex

    Alex, do you think it's worth bringing clang in as contrib/ code
    and adding direct 'cc' support for it via something like
    'setenv CCVER clang1'?

    The other alternative is to get it into the pkgsrc system (instead
    of as contrib code), and still hook it into the main system by
    providing CCVER support for it.

					<dillon at backplane.com>