llvm/clang once more

Roman Divacky rdivacky at FreeBSD.org
Tue Mar 17 01:24:07 PDT 2009

On Mon, Mar 16, 2009 at 10:56:57PM +0000, Alex Hornung wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've managed to get our GENERIC kernel to compile with llvm/clang. There
> is still one temporary fix (at least until clang guys fix the related
> bug), but the kernel definitely compiles, boots and works stable.
> As a stress test I've done a buildworld, which it survived without
> problems.
> I've put everything about DragonFly and llvm/clang so far together on
> one page, http://leaf.dragonflybsd.org/~alexh/clang/clang.html in case
> you are interested in details or even want to try it yourself.

there's not much point in patching the python ccc as a new driver in C++
is being finished these days... and the python one will be thrown anyway

anyway, great to see this progress! maybe freebsd and dragonfly can join
forces in this effort? our code is still a lot similar and problems are
usually generic enough.

roman
pgp00000.pgp