Buring iso with growisofs produces error.

Petr Janda elekktretterr at exemail.com.au
Mon Mar 16 06:59:07 PDT 2009

On Tue, 17 Mar 2009 00:13:45 you wrote:
> OK. Now I understand. The problem is that you have to say /dev/cd0 to
> growisofs, not /dev/cd0c. I have almost finished patch for k3b in my
> disk, I'll try to push it into pkgsrc before 2009Q1 final. But AFAIR
> there are still problems with k3b and burning DVD disks - that's why I
> haven't finished my work yet.

Ok that explains a bit. However, Im still wondering why on earth do we have to
specify cd0 and not cd0c? What exactly is the difference? i always look
at "c" partition means whole disk, just like cd0. Or is cd0 raw, and cd0c
filesystem? It think it would have been easier if /dev was kept compatible
with FreeBSD in this case, or not?

Petr