AHCI driver progress report - hot-swap PM and parallel probe!

Matthew Dillon dillon at apollo.backplane.com
Sat Jun 13 17:16:01 PDT 2009

:Can we (and by we I mean you) have an explicit summary in the release
:notes for 2.4 that describes what to do if this happens?  I hate to have
:something that can render someone's computer unbootable just by upgrading,
:without a clear way to deal with it.

    How about a kernel environment variable that can be set from the
    bootloader to disable the driver?

    Then a person can upgrade and reboot and if they made a mistake
    its a simple 'set' command at the loader prompt and they're up and
    running again.

					<dillon at backplane.com>