ABI/API soft freeze reminder

Justin C. Sherrill justin at shiningsilence.com
Tue Jun 2 12:01:27 PDT 2009

On Tue, June 2, 2009 2:38 pm, Matthew Dillon wrote:

>     Hasso, do you think it would be good to switch to the new quarterly as
>     well?  I currently have 2.3.x softlinked to 2008Q4.  I'd like to
> change
>     it over to 2009Q1 (once we get it built on avalon) as well as use
>     2009Q1 for 2.4.

I have 2009Q1 built on avalon (2.2); that long cpu-bound process appears
to be done so I'm just finishing the copy of all the existing binary
packages so that it matches pkgbox and we can make a clean switch.

ruse39 kindly rebuilt df.v12.su as 2.3.x post-libc changes, so I figured
the next step was to build packages for 2.3 there and bring them back to
avalon so that we have binaries that would work for 2.2 and 2.3 going
forward.