PCI code from FreeBSD

Matthew Dillon dillon at apollo.backplane.com
Thu Jul 2 11:05:32 PDT 2009

:Yep. All the ACPI-related work is here:
:
:	http://github.com/polachok/dragonflybsd/tree/acpi2
:
:See dmesg attached for example.

    Ok, how does this integrate with the APIC_IO kernel config
    option verses not having it?  Will not having APIC_IO still
    back-off to just using the BIOS intr defaults for the
    ICU (8259)?

    Here's why I'm asking.  We've never had good luck with using
    APIC_IO.  With your ACPI based interrupt routing work I
    think our APIC_IO option will work better.  But I want to be
    sure we retain the old non-APIC_IO operation so we don't break
    anyone who is currently working.