website note

Simon 'corecode' Schubert corecode at fs.ei.tum.de
Fri Jan 23 03:44:32 PST 2009

Claes Wallin wrote:
Justin C. Sherrill wrote:
I've posted some material and links for maintaining www.dragonflybsd.org
as an ikiwiki installation.
http://www.dragonflybsd.org/howtos/HowToManageThisSite/

If you are a developer who wants to fix up parts of the site not under
/doc, tell me your login ID and I can set it so you can change other
parts.  When creating an account, please try to match your leaf login, to
make tracking easier.
Is there any objection to having a hook to send emails on change to
commits@, similar to our 'main' repo?
Is there any way for mere mortals to access the .git of the website? It
would provide a good example on how to set things up, plus it would
enable future contributions from people without commit access, which is
arguably in the spirit of distributed revision control.
It would be even better if people just could use the wiki without having
to worry about submitting patches, I think.  Currently doc/ is open and
the rest is only for registered users, but depending on the spam volume,
etc. I guess we might be able to open up the whole page at some distant point.

cheers
  simon
--
  <3 the future  +++  RENT this banner advert  +++   ASCII Ribbon   /"\
  rock the past  +++  space for low €€€ NOW!1  +++     Campaign     \ /