tmpfs port

~Dion tenzero at iinet.net.au
Thu Feb 5 21:06:32 PST 2009

Hi Everyone,

I am interested in the tmpfs porting project. To determine
if it is a reasonable goal for me, I've been trying to do
some reading on the subject.

I was wondering if anyone had any recommendations on
readings, either related to other ports of tmpfs or the
structure of the dragonfly kernel.
I have the text books, Design & Implementation of 4.4 BSD
and Design & Implementation of FreeBSD (5.2).
I have also pulled down GSOC submissions relating to the
NetBSD port of tmpfs and the NetBSD Internals documentation.
I am curious as to how much the dragonfly kernel is
different from the freeBSD kernel with respect to things
like virtual memory and vfs.
Any advice or pointers welcome.

Cheers.
Dion.