DragonFly 2.1 on an Intel Mac mini

Matthew Dillon dillon at apollo.backplane.com
Wed Sep 17 22:20:52 PDT 2008

:Hi,
:
:I recently tried to install HEAD on my Mac Mini Core Solo (a decent
:router for SOHO use, just consumes about 35W running full power).
:
:I tried a HEAD snapshot CD with and without an ACPI kernel.  The kernel
:boots and passes by the boot menu but stops when probing ISA PnP
:devices.  The last message on the screen is:
:
:isa_probe_children: probing PnP devices
:
:The machine hangs forever ...
:
:I tested FreeBSD 7, which works fine.  A verbose dmesg of the boot
:process is attached.
:
:Any ideas? :)
:
:Regards
:
:	Matthias

    None right off the bat.  If it is getting that far though it sounds
    like it may be trying to probe an ISA serial port or something like
    that.

    You may be able to add kprintf()'s to track down what it's actually
    hanging on.  Before doing that, perhaps try a bare-bones kernel config
    with as few devices as possible.