HAMMER and file alternation problem

Matthew Dillon dillon at apollo.backplane.com
Wed Oct 15 14:24:06 PDT 2008

:Hi,
:I just installed KDE on a HAMMER file system, and I noticed
:an interesting thing. When I create a file in console on a HAMMER
:file system I need to refresh Konqueror file browser to
:see the newly created file. However if I create the
:file on a UFS file system Konqueror notices it nearly instantenously(no need
:to manual refresh).
:
:Is this a feature missing in the HAMMER file system or its because of KDE
:not having a clue about HAMMER? If its a feature missing in HAMMER,
:can we please add it?
:
:Thanks,
:Petr

    We'd have to figure out how konqueror is detecting the new file.
    Ktracing it might yield a clue.

    HAMMER does adjust the modified timestamp on the directory when a
    file is created or deleted within it, so it isn't that.

					<dillon at backplane.com>