Repository changes coming up

Matthias Schmidt matthias at dragonflybsd.org
Wed Nov 12 01:06:55 PST 2008

Hi,

* Sepherosa Ziehau wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 12, 2008 at 4:40 PM, Sepherosa Ziehau <sepherosa at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> BTW, pkgsrc scmgit's updating is not controlled by us, so why should
> we risk our project's SCM?

We don't "risk" our SCM.  If we have a stable version, we can use it.  If an
update is available, we can either use it or drop it.  Even if the pkgsrc
version is broken, we can still use the version which worked for us in the
past.  IIRC we deal with cvsup like this ... (besides the fact that we don't
update cvsup at all).

> > 2) No tool after the default install could check out the default repository?

As said, if we ship it with the default install CD, everything is fine.

Cheers

	Matthias