Interrupt routing and friends ...

Bill Hacker wbh at conducive.org
Sun Nov 9 21:09:35 PST 2008

3$0$881$415eb37d at crater_reader.dragonflybsd.org> <ea7b9c170811091726o779ec2d6s2c12ecfe05480c5 at mail.gmail.com>

Sepherosa Ziehau wrote:

*trimmed*

> What's the vendor id and product id of this bge?

 From such dmesg as I *can* get sight of, I see:

=======

The WiFi:

NetBSD 4.0.1 - reports, doesn't use:

Broadcom BCM4311 (miscellaneous network. revision 0x01) at pci2 dev 0
function 0 not configured

OpenBSD 4.4 release reports and uses:

bwi0 at pci2 dev 0 function 0 "Broadcom BCM4311" rev 0x01: irq 11,
address ......

http://www.broadcom.com/products/Wireless-LAN/802.11-Wireless-LAN-Solutions/BCM4311

======

The 10/100 NIC:

NetBSD 4.0.1 - reports, doesn't use:

Broadcom BCM5906M netlink Fast Ethernet (ethernet network, revision
0x02) at pci 3 dev 0 function 0 not configured

OpenBSD 4.4 release reports and uses:

bge0 at pci3 dev 0 function 0 "Broadcom BCM5906M" rev 0x02, BCM A2
(0x0c002): irq 11, address ......

======

~bridge chipset is reported as Intel 82801GBM - various rev levels for
each of the functions as they report in.

> If possible, could you post the backtrace?  I think its probably the
> same as we had seen about aue(4) several months ago.
>
> Best Regards,
> sephe

'working on it'. I need to get around the lack of working external I/O.

Meanwhile - thoigh I'm sure the issue is on the planar & silicon, not
the plug-in, here is the ID of the old Eagletec USB NIC that DFLY set
up, then dropped into debugger when an outbound  'scp ...' was initiated

====
- extracted from NetBSD 4.0.1 dmesg:

url0 at uhub3 port1
url0: USBKR100 USB 10/100 LAN. rev 1.10/1.00. addr 2
.
url0phy0 at url0 phy 0: Realtek RTL8150L

====
NetBSD has run this device thru an entire X11 / Xfce4 dld.

Best,

Bill