Boot Dragonfly BSD from USB CDROM

Michael Neumann mneumann at ntecs.de
Tue May 27 01:31:03 PDT 2008

Damian Lubosch wrote:
Hello!

I have troubles installing Dragonfly BSD from a "simulated" USB-CDROM
drive. I need to install the system on a remote machine which has a
remote management extension card from Peppercon named Eric. This card is
able to simulate an USB CDROM over network (samba) to the underlying OS,
and I hadn't any problems in installing NetBSD or FreeBSD before.

When I try the new Dragonfly Release 1.12.2 I get this error:

no disk named 'acd0a' (and other cd0 derivates)
setrootbyname failed
iso_mountroot: can't find rootvp
Root mount fialed: 6
Manual root filesystem specificatation:
(etc)
mountroot> _
This looks like the bug I reported here:

http://bugs.dragonflybsd.org/issue1017

Please try out the latest devel snapshot [1] and see whether it fixes
your problem.
Regards,

  Michael

[1]: For example from here (or use a mirror :)
http://chlamydia.fs.ei.tum.de/pub/DragonFly/snapshots/i386/LATEST-Devel.iso.bz2