Setting Up VKERNEL

Mayur Bhosle mbhosle3 at mail.gatech.edu
Fri May 23 22:08:24 PDT 2008

Hi guys,

           I am working on the userland scheduling algorithm for GSOC
and i need VKERNEL to test my code. I followed the procedure as
specified in the man page.

     dd if=/dev/zero of=/var/vkernel/rootimg.01 bs=1m count=2048
     vnconfig -c -s labels vn0 /var/vkernel/rootimg.01

Till this point everything is fine

But once i give the following command, it gives me following error.

     disklabel -r -w vn0s0 auto

this gives me error saying no such file or directory
so i tried vn0s1 which is present, but it says
vn0s1c device not configured.

And also in the man page there is this comment for the following command
.  Can you tell me what exactly i have to edit in the file.
  disklabel -e vn0s0      # edit the label to create a vn0s0a partition

Please let me know.

Thanks
Mayur