Google Sommer of Code 2008

Sdävtaker sdavtaker at gmail.com
Tue Mar 4 17:56:35 PST 2008

A cute idea for for GSOC would be to finish the installer.
We were talking about this in my local BUG, we trying to find out how to
help on that from here.
There is a few missing features in the CD.

   * FDISK, you need to create the slides from another OS before
     install DFBSD, i think port FDisk from FBSD or any *BSD will solve it.
   * Add to the make release a way to add some custom applications to
     the released liveCD (suppose you want to add nmap or ssh or
     something just to use as test disk in some enviroment).
   * Make the installer a little more customizable, and maybe w/ a GUI
     (I like a lot the console approach, but GUI installer will be a
     popularity move, DFBSD w/X makes a Desktop machine work, actually
     im using it that way and really like it).
I think those projects can be done in a SOC by students (like me) with a
little guide.
Im a lot more interested in things network related and kernel, but i
dont mind to work on those things, they need to be done some day.
What u think?
Sdav

Robert Luciani escribió:
Robert Luciani wrote: