tcpcb (was Re: sockbuf (was Re: BGL-free net stack))

Aggelos Economopoulos aoiko at cc.ece.ntua.gr
Sun Jun 8 15:45:30 PDT 2008

On Sunday 08 June 2008, Aggelos Economopoulos wrote:
[...]
> Oh and if you just want to review the changes you can get the patch from
>
> http://leaf.dragonflybsd.org/~aggelos/A1-sockbuf.patch
>
> This won't apply to current HEAD of course.

And the reason for that can be found at
http://wiki.dragonflybsd.org/index.cgi/NetMP

One issue I forgot to mention is that I haven't updated some obscure protocols
to the new interface. Do we care about ncp/ipx and friends? I very much doubt
anyone is using them on DragonFly, so there's a good chance they're broken in
HEAD too. Also, I don't know how they're supposed to work or how to set them
up and test them. In any case, I think it would be a waste of time. At this
point they are mostly a maintainance burden. Is there any objection to
removing them?

SCTP is another protocol I've broken, but this is different because SCTP may
become relevant. Does anyone use SCTP on DragonFly now? Updating it may not
be exactly trivial; it seems to be very intimate with the sockbuf internals.
If anyone wants to give it a try, please step forward! I think my time would
be better spent elsewere (it's not as if I can easily test SCTP anyway).

Aggelos