HEADS UP - statvfs() changes require buildworld/kernel/install

Simon 'corecode' Schubert corecode at fs.ei.tum.de
Mon Jun 2 03:12:22 PDT 2008

Joerg Sonnenberger wrote:
On Sun, Jun 01, 2008 at 09:40:02PM +0200, Simon 'corecode' Schubert wrote:
Matthew Dillon wrote:
    I recommend doing a full buildworld/buildkernel/installworld/installkernel
    sequence for those people running HEAD.
    I have implemented statvfs() in the kernel and removed it from libc.
    Not much uses statvfs() yet so the system will still boot, but it's
 a good idea to fully synchronize your kernel and world anyhow.
That means we'll have to ship a compat libc, I guess.  Maybe we can use
symbol versioning instead?
libc still provides statvfs, just as native system call.
Oh, I see.  Sure :)  Was already late yesterday.  Then everybody is happy :D

cheers
  simon