dispatch most functionality of ether_input to protocol threads

Sepherosa Ziehau sepherosa at gmail.com
Sun Jun 22 01:34:39 PDT 2008

Hi,

Following patch dispatch most ether_input functionality to protocol threads:
http://leaf.dragonflybsd.org/~sephe/ether_input2.diff

It is not built by default, and some parts (vlan/fastforwarding) are
still not finished yet.  But the idea behind this patch is quite
simple:
ether_input does nothing more than finding the proper protocol threads
for the input packets.

I have done some tests with em.  Bridge and normal operation works
with the patch.  Hopefully, I could adapt vlan and fastforwarding
before this release.  After this release, I plan to switch ether_input
to use ether_input_chain2 in this patch and move on to parallelize
ipfw.

Since the new code is not built by default, I want to commit it soon,
if no one objects.

Best Regards,
sephe

--