netgraph7 - not for release

Jordan Gordeev jgordeev at dir.bg
Fri Jun 27 10:02:35 PDT 2008

Chris Turner wrote:
Matthew Dillon wrote:
     Ok, I do have an ulterior motive here.  I would like DFly to
     support mpd.
can't this be done with the userland ppp? never tried.. but saw the docs
What do you mean?

granted it's userland, so it won't quite do for my personal set of
bonded OC-48s (ha! I wish!), but in any case ..

In FreeBSD, the userland PPP client uses netgraph, just like mpd. Except
for PPP negotiations and other control traffic, the PPP traffic is
processed in the kernel.
A userland PPP client in DragonFly using netgraph will have the same
performance benefits.