HAMMER update 09-June-2008

Chris Turner c.turner at 199technologies.org
Mon Jun 9 22:14:19 PDT 2008

Matthew Dillon wrote:
    I am continuing to work on various performance issues.  In particular,
    when I run blogbench I can make the system become extremely inefficient
    and writes initiated by the flusher, which are not subject to kernel
    restrictions, can 'take over' the system and cause everything else
    trying to write to a file to block for very long periods of time.
you'd mentioned a mid-july release ..

is this the general remaining idea for 2.0 : stabilizing hammer ?

(question from guy with a patch-or-two to write :)

Thanks,

- Chris