DMA

Justin C. Sherrill justin at shiningsilence.com
Sat Jun 7 19:40:55 PDT 2008

On Sat, June 7, 2008 9:04 pm, Dan M wrote:
> On Sat, Jun 7, 2008 at 8:59 PM, Joerg Sonnenberger
> <joerg at britannica.bec.de> wrote:
>> nullmailer: bad license
>> qmail: until very recently no license at all
>> postfix: different goal.
>
> I disagree about your comment on qmail's code, but I won't go into
> flame wars. In any case I gotcha.

I will point out that there was some pretty good discussion on these
mailing lists and on IRC about the reasons for DMA when corecode started
working on it.  I was of the opinion that it was reinventing the wheel,
and was probably a total irritant for corecode in the process.

I've come around to the idea, though - I like the idea of a simple,
BSD-licensed mailer.  It's also not really useful to in an open source
project saying, "No, don't work on a part of the project that makes you
excited!"