ocstat

Simon 'corecode' Schubert corecode at fs.ei.tum.de
Wed Jun 4 10:11:33 PDT 2008

Aggelos Economopoulos wrote:
Should be useful. A thing that afaict is lacking from objectcache at the
moment is a debug mode; I've spend 1+ day chasing a bug that was caused by
a very subtle double free for an mbuf and the way I did it (add kprintf()s
for every mbuf malloc/free, also logging their call sites and write script
to track alloc/frees) cannot be reused. If kmalloc/kfree can detect stuff
like that we could add an option that makes objcache pass through all gets
and puts. Ideas?
We could enable invariant functions on the objcache, i.e. checking for
conformity on put and get (detects tampering while free and with a flag,
detects double free).  In itself it would be quite hard to detect a double
free, as we are storing typed objects and thus we can't change anything in
the object to signal "has been freed".

cheers
  simon