ocstat

Michael Neumann mneumann at ntecs.de
Wed Jun 4 01:59:21 PDT 2008

Nicolas Thery wrote:
Hello,

As part of my quest of migrating zones allocations to kmalloc/objcache,
I'm writing a small utility that dumps stats about each object cache.
By default, it displays (from left to right), the cache name, magazine capacity
(MAGC), number of unallocated objects (UNOBJ), number of empty (EMAG)
and full magazines (FMAG) in the depot, number of objects in loaded (LRD)
and previous (PRD) rounds.  Per-cpu values are separated by commas:
$ ocstat
 NAME            MAGC UNOBJ EMAG FMAG LRD      PRD
vnodes          256 -1120  2    0    0,0      0,0
nameibufs       64  -5     2    0    2,2      0,0
cdev_t          32  -351   2    0    0,0      0,0
vmspace         32  -24    2    0    16,0     0,0
thread          3   -23    2    0    0,1      3,0
exec-args       2   30     6    0    1,1      0,0
CCMS            64  -1120  2    0    0,0      0,0
Just curious what a negative amount of unallocated objects is!?

Regards,

  Michael