vfs.root.mountfrom hammer?

Matthew Dillon dillon at apollo.backplane.com
Sat Jul 26 16:15:25 PDT 2008

:Hi,
:
:I'm trying to mount a hammer filesystem as root via vfs.root.mountfrom.
:I tried some simple patches to make it work, but I still get panics. Is
:it any harder than calling VFS_MOUNT for the hammer filesystem?
:
:That would allow to have a small partition with /boot on it, and the
:rest would be loaded from the hammer partition.
:
:Regards,
:
:   Michael

    A root mount wil call mount with a NULL path and NULL data
    pointer.  I think it would be fairly easy to adjust HAMMER to
    deal with that.

    You can look at the UFS code as an example.  Look at
    /usr/src/sys/vfs/ufs/ffs_vfsops.c starting on line 151.

					<dillon at backplane.com>