HAMMER Update 06-July-2008 - new PDF document

Matthew Dillon dillon at apollo.backplane.com
Sat Jul 12 20:47:07 PDT 2008

:I like this!
:
:A few notes:
: - Some figures/drawings would help a lot, to get article more accessible

    Yah.  Building slides takes a lot more time.  I won't have time this
    week.

: - Some more comparison with oher filesystems, there is a little in the per=
:formance section
:I guess people will ask 'Why another file system?'; you do describe a lot o=
:f goals,
:but don't  mention that no existing achieves all goals (or watever reason y=
:ou see as primary).

    I don't use other filesystems enough to be able to make definitive
    statements about them.  All I can really do with my current test box
    setup is to compare HAMMER against UFS.

:The simple things:
: - Drop 'CD', spell it out; make me think 'Compact Disc'.

    That's easy :-)  I fixed it in my local copy but I'm not going to
    roll another one yet.

: - there is still a few missing s/then/than/
:
: -thomas

    then/than ... never learned the difference in school.  No, don't
    explain it to me, it just goes in one ear and out the other.  I'm
    going to be mixing those two up for the rest of my life.

					<dillon at backplane.com>